• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about intakes...have searched

keep0njeepin0n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I've searched around and read about the AFE stage 2 intake, as well as the S&B intake...but I have not seen a comparison between the 2. I like both and think both would function well, however the question remains in my mind, which of these 2 is the better one? Why?

The better one is the one you can get for the least money. You will notice zero performance difference between them.

X2.. I ended up putting my stock intake back on after I noticed a decrease in my mileage. Now if you were running a 99+ intake manifold, a bored TB, header and exhaust youd probably see a difference with a new intake. The throttle body and the pre 99' intake are your choke points in the stock induction. Remember, the more air you put in the more you need to get out. Dont expect to do one thing and see a huge difference, its a package deal. Now if you wanna do it because it looks cool, drop the money and get one!

X2.. I ended up putting my stock intake back on after I noticed a decrease in my mileage. Now if you were running a 99+ intake manifold, a bored TB, header and exhaust youd probably see a difference with a new intake. The throttle body and the pre 99' intake are your choke points in the stock induction. Remember, the more air you put in the more you need to get out. Dont expect to do one thing and see a huge difference, its a package deal. Now if you wanna do it because it looks cool, drop the money and get one!

I do plan on doing ALL of those mentioned mods....but one thing at a time lol.

Back