• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

give me your opinion of Crown part quality

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am going to order the lower bearings and associated parts for my steering column. The whole kit from the dealer is over $80, while the whole kit from Crown is less half that.

Will the Crown bearings fit? Will they last?

Just installed a Crown manifold gasket. It looks good, but haven't been able to test it. Good luck with your project...

There's a fair chance that the supplier makes both OEM and Crown parts.

All of the Crown Jeep parts I have bought were either poorly fitting or had a short life span. I no longer buy "cheap" parts. I would avoid them.

My Crown front brake lines haven't killed me yet :dunno: they seem to be just as high quality as Dorman, which is one of the brands I swear by.

I've got a whole bunch of other Crown parts ready to go in, just haven't installed them yet. My U-bolts I got for my lift were Crowns and worked fine, though I got my next set at a local spring rebuilder because I wanted a specific length/diameter I was pretty sure Crown didn't stock.

i've had mixed luck. they're great for the hard to source parts and the staff is excellent. that said, i tended to get a short life span out of the parts i bought as well.

All of the Crown Jeep parts I have bought were either poorly fitting or had a short life span. I no longer buy "cheap" parts. I would avoid them.

This. Even their bumper covers suck. All of the Crown parts I've had to put up with have been cheaply made and don't fit correctly.

This thread was asking about bearings...not "have you had a bad experience in general?".

I'll say it again, almost ALL Crown bearings come from OE suppliers of Chrysler, and/or are made in the USA.

With OVER 8,000 parts, there are going to be some bad ones...parts aren't made in house, they're made at several hundred manufacturers. Sometimes, parts start off great and then the quality is inconsistent. However, how is a company to know there's a problem if the only way people report them is by stating months or years later on the internet that they had a problem? Customer service is a two way street.

People on here like to b!tch about their stock replacement ball joints sold. They admittedly had problems in the past with ball joints from flaky manufacturers, which are now sourced by the Moog supplier, and good quality. I haven't heard one complaint against them since the new ones have been sold for over a year...and if there was, they would have been compensated.

The wheel bearings Crown sells are better than any other brand out there, period. They're the FACTORY supplier for Chrysler...all the U-Joints are made in USA, not cheap imported garbage. I could go on and on, but I'll save that for another time and venue. If you want to message me about something you had issue with, go right ahead and I'll get to the bottom of it, but this thread isn't asking about any and all experiences you had with every part. /rant

The title asks for opinions on Crown parts quality.

I've had a ZJ tie rod from them for 2+ yrs now with zero problems.

i've had mixed luck. they're great for the hard to source parts and the staff is excellent. that said, i tended to get a short life span out of the parts i bought as well.
i feel the need to requantify my previous statement:

i beat the crap out of 2 pairs of WJ UCA axle side bushings. i don't know how well they would hold up on the street. i know at least 2 others that did the same, though.

i did get a set of ball joints that were great until i did a WJ swap and needed new ones anyway.

I have crown brake lines to put on my Jeep and they look to be well made.

Back