• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana30 complete hub 30 spline?

diegom6

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I heared the Dana30 also has the complete hub (still use the 5x4.5) ? If so, what's the P/N on this baby? I would like to try this in my Dana44 front axle project I might go, or either (if can't find the axle) re-make my front Dana30 with RCV CV joint axles shafts on 30 spline of corse.

Thanks

Alloy USA and Yukon both have 30 spline kits. You'll have to get the part numbers and order those.
The RCV people probably have them available as well, and likely sell them at a kit price when you buy the shafts.
Make sure you get a spare, because you will not find one at a parts store when you need one.

Thanks buddy!

I guess these hubs should be interchangable wih the Dana44 front axle ? Well, I will have to find that anyways.

Can't remmber right now, but what years the XJ was different size/shape/fitment the hubs? I know the 87-90 or so has a kind of hub model (smaller I think?) and the newers are bit different in shape for the knuckle fitment I think.

Any tip, greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT: Not sure if this one willf it directly in my 87 XJ steering knuckle?

THis one says

Part Number: 35400
Manufacturer: Alloy USA
Fits Vehicle: 2000-06
Wrangler

http://www.reiderracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=5984_6038_6064_6271&products_id=41331

But this one says:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16120_5007.htm

30 Spline Inner Axle Shafts
30 Spline Outer Axle Shafts

84-91 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)

And use Alloy bearing 30 spline hub...Hmmmm wonde rwhat P/N would be this one.

Last edited:
the difference lies in what brake rotor you use on it.
If you get one and it doesn't fit, try a 97+ brake rotor.
My D30 has 87 knuckles, with 87 calipers, but has 97 hubs and rotors. mostly because I swapped a 97+ housing to mine and had bad bearings on the old one. So I kept the good bearings with the housing, but swapped the knuckles because I had new calipers for my 87.

It looks like the first link you poasted is for newer wranglers, I'd bet they used the same brake rotor as the late model XJs.
The second link that says from 84-91 would definitly work on your 87 axle.
The difference is in the unit bearing "hat" that sticks out from the mounting surface. As long as you get the rotor with the correct offset in it's hub then you should be able to make it work.

I have a custom WJ caliper/brake setup in my 87 knuckles, redrilled WJ rotors, but this could be done with the 87-88 (not sure if 89 and newer) knuckles that are two piece, I mean one piece is the self knuckle and the other the caliper carrier. If I would go witht he single piece knuckle, I couldn't have the WJ brake setup fitted in my XJ.

I'm goign to chase the P/N of the bearing hub from the second link. Looks like that one it's going to work.

sure you could. the later Renix unit bearings share the same dimensions, they're just not serviceable.
The dimensions from 84-whenever the front brake rotor part changed are all the same.

Back