• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too much pressure in fuel tank.

yjnick95

NAXJA Forum User
2000 xj 4.0,Auto,4wd with 133,000 on it. It is a early 2000. My issue is the the built up of pressure in the fuel tank. Almost like it is not venting correctly. When i take the fill cap off i can feel and here how much pressure is built up, so much so that it is swelling the the tank. The only thing i have replaced is the fuel cap because it was the wrong one.The cap i got from the dealership. The problem i am have is that the fsm that i have does not have the correct emission charts.i checked a 99 and 2000 fsm,neither has it. Mine is a early 2000 so it has the twin y pipe but the converter is in pre 2000 location and it is not cali emission, so im lost. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.

Is the EVAP purge valve on the firewall near the charcoal canister "clicking" when the engine is running? Should be near constantly going.

I found the problem one of the lines at the canister got knocked off. So it was not venting correctly.

Thanks for posting up the answer, it will someone else down the road.

Back