• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Help (pics)

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
ok got it today tore it apart trying to figure why it no worky. ok im not the best at explaining things but stay with me. Before i didnt anything to it i hooked it up to see if it would turn over. All i got was a clicking noise from a silonoyed (sp) on top. There are two of them on top and only one clicks when you press the remote button forward or backward. So then my next step was jumper caple from battery to the motor. Motor didnt do anything. So after making sure all wire was hooked up right, im guessing i may have a bad motor and silonoyed.
icon_confused.gif
Im taken it to a shop 2maro that rebuilds startes and electric motors, to see what they say.

Hear are some pics to be scared away i have lots of hope for it.

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2316.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2321.jpg

:hang: no one?

No one what? You didn't ask a question. You stated that you got a winch, it didn't work, you took it apart, the solenoid clicks and you're taking it somewhere today.

What do you want, a cookie?:dunno:

ok well i figured if i posted that i had a nonfuctional winch in the mod section. that someone might think i was asken for help. sorry.

uhhh ok

No really, try it out, solenoids get stuck sometimes. Older solenoids stick at times, esp if sitting for a while. Hell, if your going to replace it anyway, might as well see if its just stuck.

Im not sure if they do.

I thought it would be in the shop by now.

The chassis's of some winches have to be grounded for it to function properly, maybe thats why hooking the battery up didn't work. You can easily test the solenoids with a continuity test, do you have a multimeter?

Right now the winch motor and soleniods are in the shop. I spent all last night trying to see why the clutch wont ingage/disingage.

i would goto your nearest warn/ramsey dealer to see if they have soleniods and buy some, its good to have some trail spares anyways, i carry for back ups cuz thats the first thing to go out on the trails. as for the motor, run a wire to the armature post the either of the field posts, in addition to hooking up the negitive post and bench test it on a battery and or battery charger pos to armature post and neg to ground post. after you have pulled out the armature post and make sure its not melted or cracked magnets. once you have checked it for damage, replace armature in motor, and mount back onto drum support aka... end housing. if you need further instructions, pm me.

Back