• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering works for an inch then no!

dunbad

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
well they say when it rains!
My power steering has developed an issue in my 97 4ltr auto RHD.
It works fine stationary lock to lock both ways so I'm assuming not the pump for the time being. All I'd like to know for the time being is will a power steering pump from an 01 grand Cherokee fit my car? My brother in law is trading in his 01 Grand for a brand new Cherokee (looks nice!) but he's just had a brand new pump fitted to his grand from the main dealer less than 200 miles ago;)The trade takes place Saturday so I haven't much time, hence me not searching just yet. I always search and i'm still looking into my issue and there's still some things I need to try before I can let you know where I'm at. But if someone could get back regarding the swap that would be great. And also how difficult for a retard!
Cheers

Just to add, I'm not sure when the changeover took place but my car is the facelifted version.
Thanks

97 is the changeover. Wish I knew more about RHD XJs, your best bet is to hope that GoJeep or English XJ (or a few others) chime in here.

Just go to a parts store and get the part number for your pump and the part number for the 01 GC--same number, it fits, different number means you may have to fabricate or it won't fit at all.

Back