• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

obd2 code of no. 4 cyl missfire. 4.0 in 00xj. any ideas?

XJ Nut

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 00 xj with a miss. code for no. 4 cyl missfire comes up. changed coil rail and plugs to no avail. any other input would be appreciated.

mine would throw a misfire code and would be hard to start sometimes. Turned out to be the fuel pump either it didnt have enough pressure or volume or both.

What plugs did you replace with. I put in some platinums and my 2000 didn't like them. Put in regular Champ truck plugs and my misfires stopped. I run injector cleaner regularly. If it is injectors, or depending on where your maintenance is, you could run some BG44K. It isn't worthless and "might" solve your problem.

I have had 2 misfire codes on my 01 and both times they were failed injectors. I tried fuel injector cleaner both times with no luck. And I run injector cleaner every 3000 or so miles.

The injector is $45 from the dealer. Napa, Schucks, Carquest don't have the injectors and can't order them.

Hope that helps you.

Back