• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel studs for disc conversion

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
FYI

Some research and D30 studs from '00 and '01 are longer than other years. The Grand Cherokee rear studs for disc brakes are practically identical to pre-2000 dana 30 XJ studs. The longer '01 studs are almost a 1/2" longer than stock 8.25 studs and almost 1/3" longer than pre '00 D30 and ZJ disc studs.

Josh

How critical have people found it to replace the studs? I did the conversion with ZJ parts and then proceeded to wheel my Jeep at GTD in NH last weekend. I didn't lose a wheel but should I be worried?

How critical have people found it to replace the studs? I did the conversion with ZJ parts and then proceeded to wheel my Jeep at GTD in NH last weekend. I didn't lose a wheel but should I be worried?
Steel wheels?

Aluminum wheels have a much thicker flange and don't allow enough (proper) engagement of the threads on the lugnut. If you have steel wheels you are probably fine. If not, double check the engagement and swap out the studs. It's only a few minutes and couple of bucks.

Back