• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will I?

95YJman

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a rusty's 3' lift for my XJ, will I need new lower control arms or is that something I find out I need once I get the lift put on? also anyone think I will need a new front trackbar?

Adjustable control arms are nice, you won't know for sure until things are together. The pinion angle must be taken into consideration as well as getting the caster set correctly for driveability. You may be able to shim, or not need to do anything.

You will need an adjustable track bar OR re-drill the mounting hole OR replace/move the brackets.

I just got a rusty's 3' lift for my XJ, will I need new lower control arms or is that something I find out I need once I get the lift put on? also anyone think I will need a new front trackbar?

I got some appropriate LCA's and redrilled for the track bar. I am at 4" total (3" Rusty's + spacers and MJ shackle), and it rides, drives, wheels great, gets 730 RTI on the ramp (if that matters!).

when i lifted my 89 using rustys 3" lift with full leaf packs 7 years ago, i put the basic lift with springs on and upgraded over time. first upgrade was to center the front axle with an adjustable trackbar. next was to replace the lca with RE LCA w/flex joints. this made a huge difference as the old stock arms would deflect quite a bit when hitting rocks or driving on rough roads.

Back