• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper transmission

slapshot

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all;

i am looking to replace the wiper linkage on my 2000 xj. I have seen the write ups on replacing the bushings and what not. My question is what years are interchangeable. i'm assuming all renix era linkages are the same, then 97+ are the same?
I have a clean renix set sitting on my living room floor at this moment, with a fresh bushing kit to boot. but if wont fit then it wont work.

cheers

There was a change in the motors, but I think there was a harness/connector adapter at the dealer--cut and solder is what I would do.

But I think you are right there was a change in the linkage, I'm thinking it was with the body change for 97+.

You should probably just mail me the Renix era setup so I can see to its proper disposal.

EDIT: parts catalog shows 87-90 and 91-93 are the same. New part number for 94-98; 99 lists a w/o and with option, and one of those is the same number as 94-98; 00-01 has same part number as 94-98 with no option as did the 99.

Last edited:
bump. anyone know what the differences are in the 99 year? need to find a new wiper transmission and need to know what i'm looking for. drivers side stalk has play up and down in the housing, cant find any threads on this being repairable or even worth trying to repair.

Late 1990's to 2001 the differences are at the wire connectors.

Back