• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tourqe specs for ring gear

rock rash

NAXJA Forum User
real quick, i searched didnt find anything...make me look like a fool i dont care just tell me what the torque needs to be for a 44 ring gear...

TIA

one more question...

i am pretty sure that the things that cover the bearings are side specific...anyway to tell which on is which or if there is a difference.
on says timken 255323 on it...

rock rash said:
one more question...

i am pretty sure that the things that cover the bearings are side specific...anyway to tell which on is which or if there is a difference.
on says timken 255323 on it...

The races should go with the berring that it came with, but if they got mixed up, choose one.

It should not matter which cup goes with which cone - until they are loaded. As I recall, they are sold separately anyhow.

The caps that hold the bearings in are side specific - and you'd be well advised to mark them (either number them "1" and "2" or use dots - "." on one side and ".." on the other) and mark the bearing cap and the web. Mark them toward one end - you match up the marks side-for-side and put the mark on the same end as the web marked (top or bottom) so you don't have to get them re-bored.

Torque specs for a gradually increasing number of XJ assemblies and parts are going up on my website - I've got them by year and model for now, and I'm working on dividing them by assembly next... There's a link in my sig.

5-90

Back