• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Work Party 3/27

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ODF is having their first work party of the year at TSF.

Flat Broke & 4-Wheeling will be doing some work on Powerline
Trails need to be assessed for problem areas

Meeting at 9:00 at Rogers Camp.

I'm planning on going. As for our trail Saddle Up, I'll probably use this opportunity to walk the trail and really take a look at what needs attention, or what we could change in the upcoming months.

I said i wouldnt wheel till after my vacation, But i like keeping up with whats going on with saddle up.. so count me in as a "Maybe"

More the merrier.

ODF has the date listed as a "trail assessment" which means basically a normal day of wheeling, and take note of any trail issues.

I emailed Jahmaal though, and he said there will be some winching work to do on Powerline (situating logs). Also if we had any work to do on Saddle Up we could also get some volunteers as well. I'd like to walk the trail first and create a game plan for the year. I'm not really sure what work we really needs to be done. I know the drainage at the exit needs to be looked at, maybe some tree limbing, possibly some water bars cleaned out...? This would be the day to talk with Jahmaal about any trail proposals as well.

pending progress on the latest project... i will deffinately try and make it. Might have to take the ZJ out for a spin.
What are you so busy with? :D

If you want to ride out with me, let me know. It's hard to say how much work there will be to do, but we could always use this as a good time to brainstorm ideas for Saddle Up.

In! Did my own assessment yesterday... looking forward to doing it again!:greensmok

pending progress on the latest project... i will deffinately try and make it. Might have to take the ZJ out for a spin.

Bring the ZJ! And, if you do come, could you bring four of the new NAXJA NW Chapter stickers? Need to tag tha heep:clap: Will bring cash

Looks like sign-in starts at 9:30 at Rogers Camp. I'll probably still shoot to be there by 9:00.

It also looks like the weather will be cooperating with us (fingers crossed). Depending on the turnout here's a few things I'd like to tackle on Saddle Up...

-Clean out waterbars, and make sure they're fit for spring (I know there's a few that will need dug out)
-Deal with any low hanging branches or trees (I know there's one downed tree that could be cut back)
-Make sure the culverts are clear (Shouldn't be a problem)
-Pick up any litter/garbage (It's usually pretty clean up there)
-Create a maintenance/modification plan for the rest of the year (Group brainstorm session)

Bring your favorite shovel, and a pair of work gloves!

there is a movement begun on trying to get involved in the repair of Reiter Trails OHV. The guys over on CF are trying to round up some heads to get a closed trail into operation again. I dont know if this of interest to anyone here but this is the link http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f33/pacnorwest-chapter-daily-news-42074/

it is a few comments down but we are looking to get some people together to volunteer to get involved in the repair. Unforuntly there wouldnt be any wheeling involved, but in order for us to get out there it would take the volunteering

Back