• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good price for 8.25 axle?

mpro1

NAXJA Forum User
Whats a good price for an 8.25 xj rear axle ....gear ratio and carrier doesn't matter as i have new trac-lok and 4.10's....

Just don't want to get "taken" by junkyard.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Depends on region, axles can be pretty expensive in CO, CA, and the tri-state area from what I hear but you can get axles really cheap at Harry's U-Pull it, I think it is in PA or NJ. I paid $150 for the one I had, although it only lasted a year.

I wouldn't go higher than 150 for one with good brakes and a good brake hose too. I sold the shafts outa mine and tossed the housing once I put my 44 in. It's still sitting in a scrap metal pile.

80$ is what you'll pay at a yard here. I wouldnt give more than a hundred, wouldnt get it at all if its 27 spline.

Thanks ive got good idea what there worth...........

So what about an 87-89 XJ Dana 44 with 3.07 or 3.55 gears

Thanks

Hahahaha, not here in New Jersey. Junkyards want $300 for a damn axle. You mightget a $50 core if you have the old one. I hate this state!!!!!!!

Tyquan said:
Hahahaha, not here in New Jersey. Junkyards want $300 for a damn axle. You mightget a $50 core if you have the old one. I hate this state!!!!!!!

Same at scrap yards here on long island.....about $300.00....Thats why i originally posted the question.....Thanks

azxj87 said:
id go 8.8, much eaiser to find than a 44

I agree with you, especially after the 8.25 I swapped in had the pinion bearing toast itself, which then chunked out the spiders (actually, I don't knwo what happened first but the smoke from the pinion and spitting lube makes me thing the bearing sh!t itself then ate the spiders)...but, I have a D35 under there currently and am scared of it (especially the sounds coming from the right wheel bearing) and I just want a somewhat strong axle in there until I can afford to build an 8.8 with 4.56's and regear the front to match...

Back