• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C problems + AZ = not good

ctomas_30

NAXJA Forum User
Basically my a/c stopped blowing on my 2000 and I get no response when I try to adjust the intensity of it. However, if I put it on just the a/c setting with top vents, not the recycle and not the a/c coming from the top and feet vents, but the one in between (or middle/second one up from the left a/c setting), I can get some air to come through that intensifies the faster I go - almost like the vent is on. The temperature controls work fine, so I can get some cold air but its getting in the mid to high 80s - a precursor to the Arizona heat - and I really need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

So, has anyone had any issues like this (I tried searching but couldn't find anything)? Is it as simple as switching out the fan or does this sound like more of an electrical problem related to the controls? Any ideas on where to start would be appreciated.

Thanks

'Not sure I understand the problem. If I have it right:

You get cool air, and can control the temp. but only through the defrost vents. No air through the dash vents, no air through the bottom(footwell)vents.

If that's the case, your most likely problem is a vac. leak. There's a vacuum bottle onder the bumper on the right front corner(it's above the plastic fender liner) The bottle itself could be cracked, or more likely the line running to it is broken. The vacuum line runs down the pass. side inner fender, behind the battery, and down/forward to the bottle.

If you have cruise control, that won't work either if it's a vacuum problem.(same system, on the same line)

Sorry, its kind of hard to explain. I'll try and put it a different way:

-I do not have control over how hard the air blows
-Air temperature controls do work
-While driving, some air can get through the top dash vents (not sure about the defrosters) that is either cooled or heated depending on the setting. The amount of air increases the faster I drive, but only occurs when I select the a/c with dash vents setting.

'If that's the case, your most likely problem is a vac. leak.

If you have cruise control, that won't work either if it's a vacuum problem.(same system, on the same line)

I do have cruise control and it does seem to be working.

To simplify matters - what happens when vehicle is stationary?
Can you get the system to blow at all on any of the 4 speed settings?

When my vehicle is stationary, a small amount of air gets through.
No, I can not get the system to blow on any of the 4 speed settings.

So presumably you cannot get the system to blow air on the non-a/c settings either?
I think you have a blower problem - can you check whether the blower motor is getting power

Back