• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock leaf spring height

92XJT

NAXJA Forum User
I searched, and found lots of info about lift kits, and such, but couldn't find anything in regards to the actual height of a leaf pack. I currently have one old 4.5" RC leaf pack that I thought sagged - after hearing a few numbers I'm not too sure now. So I guess I have one question for sure, maybe two.

What is the height of a stock spring if you had the eyes sitting on the ground and the arc facing upwards (towards the sky). Like so:
101_4045.jpg

Measurement from ground to the pin is what I am looking for.

Here is what my 4.5" lift pack is showing - don't feel safe assuming the pack is still a 4.5" lift pack anymore:
101_4044.jpg

Umm, measuring the pack like that is going to be rather misleading. Based on the rate of the springs, it may compress a bunch or not at all, so the height of the springs isn't a great measurement to go by.

Unless you are measuring the springs against other 4.5'' RC packs of the same rate.

Umm, measuring the pack like that is going to be rather misleading. Based on the rate of the springs, it may compress a bunch or not at all, so the height of the springs isn't a great measurement to go by.

Unless you are measuring the springs against other 4.5'' RC packs of the same rate.

X1000,static height means nothing without springrate!

Back