• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

witch hiems for 3 link??

xXxJay

NAXJA Forum User
Ive narrowed down my d60 swap to a 3 link system. I am reading alot about stress on bolts, ppl sugesting 5/8" bolts. Id rather use 3/4" or bigger??
I cant fing a place to source these joints at a good price.
thx dave
photo

I prefer something larger than a 1" shank for anything that can touch rocks

i'm content with 7/8" for anything that doesn't touch rocks.

9/16" bolts are more than sufficient in my opinion. I wouldnt mind 5/8" though.

thanks, i am a moderate heavy footed driver. I am mostly reving it up in deep mud, running slow on rocks.
7/8" joints with 5/8" bolts.
were can you suggest buying from online?
ballisitic? anywere else?
thanx alot

Every online store that handles chassis parts for racing or 4wheeling sells heim joints and various suspension joints. The list includes Poly Performance, Spidertrax, Ballistic Fabrication, and on and on and on. I recently saw a special on 1" heim joints and misalignment spacers at Dirt-Fab. As far as bolt size, 9/16" is adequate, 5/8" is better and plenty strong enough. Obviously they should all be grade 8, torqued to spec.

Joint size depends on what you want, and what you want to spend. For many a 7/8" heim joint is strong enough, but whatever yo get needs to be high quality. A high quality 3/4" joint is better than a moderate quality 7/8" joint. Personally, my buggy front 3 link has 1 1/4" heim joints on the lowers and 1" joints on the upper. If you want to save a few bucks, then use johnny joints rather than heim joints.

Back