• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water Filtration

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
First, I did try to search and didn't come up with any threads so I hope this isn't a repeat.

For any of you who have one or know anything about them, which water filtration systems do you like and why? What should I look for when buying one? It would be used for hiking and camping. My girlfriend has wanted one for a while now so I figured I would pick one up before I leave in May for CO/AZ/UT.

Thumbs up for Katadyn.

Make sure you determine how much clean water you will need per day per person, and get an appropriate sized unit.

thanks guys,

yeah i was looking into Katadyn products in my CheaperThanDirt mag. They seemed like they are a well trusted product. Thanks for the link John.

i really like their pocket filter. its a bit pricey, but maybe ill hold off and save up for that one. 13,000 gallons!

Corporate Sponsor of the Sierra Club and SUWA. The same people pushing to close 9 million acres in Southern Utah through the Red Rock Wilderness bill.

Sorry to take your thread offtopic..

no dont be. glad it sparked a topic at all. thanks for sharing that about REI. had no idea.

Been using First Need brand for over 20 years personally but you really can't go wrong with Katadyn or PUR. It's always safer to let the water settle for a while then pump from the top, discard the bottom 1/4 and start again. Filtering from a lake is actually safer than from a stream most of the time.

Back