• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NV241OR

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up one of these with the front & rear DS from an LJ. What am i gonna need to make it work? Just adapters? Current setup D30 & 8.25...gonna be 44 rear and maybe 44 front soon. 98 4.0 auto

What kind of adapter?

It should bolt in.

ya i guess i phrased that wrong, ik it will bolt right in on the trans, but i didn't know on drive shafts, can i use the drive shafts from the LJ?

was the lj a rubicon? if so you can use them but you'll have to get yokes for your axls that will accept 1330 series u-joints or run 1310-1330 conversion joints. or get 1310 yokes for the t-case and use your stock shafts

yep..you can get replacement yokes from jb conversions and tom woods for about $75 each.

1310-1330 conversion joints are $15 at autozone. Buy a couple extra and take them on the trail with you.

Then nothing has to come apart or go back together, just change u-joints in your driveshafts. I ran a conversion joint on my rear shaft to mount to the 8.8 adapter.

I just did the swap, it was pretty easy, but the 4wd dash light is hard to get it working properly

Not sure but I think a Chevy 241 4wd sensor might work. I think JB Conversion uses them. I also did the swap a couple of weeks back and desided to copy the Novak shifter setup. I was easy to do and only cost me about $70 with all material. 4.88 and 33inch tires my speed is off by 10mph though, I might fix it and I might not. I also left the light out don't need to know when I am in 4wd.

were are you guys finding these 241ORs? i have never seen a rubicon or any other wrangler for that matter in a junk yard. i have a feeling the yards have a deal with someone and send all the CJs, wranglers, ect, to a special place. the only jeeps i see in junk yards are cherokees, and grand cherokees. not whining, just curious. seems like a way cool upgrade for all the rock crawler guys.

You just have to keep an eye out for one. CraigList, Ebay, the newspaper; I got mine off a friend for $700 not a bad deal.

Anybody know if you can make the speedometer on a 92 work with the 241OR?

You go to the junk yark pickup a speed sensor plug off a 2000 cherokee and cut and splice the wires according to the colors I posted on an earlier post. The 92 and 94 cherokees should be the same wires.

Last edited:
were are you guys finding these 241ORs? i have never seen a rubicon or any other wrangler for that matter in a junk yard. i have a feeling the yards have a deal with someone and send all the CJs, wranglers, ect, to a special place. the only jeeps i see in junk yards are cherokees, and grand cherokees. not whining, just curious. seems like a way cool upgrade for all the rock crawler guys.

You can also buy them brand new from JB Conversions.

http://www.jbconversions.com/

Scott

Back