• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rear Spring Hanger

gabrielmlt

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where i can buy aftermarket XJ Rear Spring Hangers with lowered mounting holes or who might have done this before. I want to gain about 2"s without having to buy new leaves again.

Check out the vendor section for HD offroad shackle relocation brackets?

Thanks Johnnie Walker but i am after the front hangers for the rear springs. I have seen the brackets you mentioned before and intend on incorporating them into my design.

why drop the front too? Its gonna be a lot of work cutting off the old mount to put a new one in, and that is even if you can find a direct replacement.

Hot Rod those say rear mounts.

You could make some easy enough but its really not that good of an idea.

I agree it is not the best way to achieve a lift on an Xj but unfortunately here in NSW, Australia we have to get an Engineers Certificate for any lift over 2"s and the Engineer i have contacted said my Rubicon Express 3.5" lift will pass on the front but not on the rear. He suggested I do it this way and he will pass it. Other engineers wouldn't even look at it. Seems ridiculous to me but the only alternative is to go back to 2", which is expensive and no fun at all. I have seen Gojeeps solution but I was hoping somebody might sell the bits i need already fabricated so i could just weld them in place. Cheers.

I kinda wonder why he'll sign off on the setup he suggested but won't sign off on springs, which are a much better engineering solution to the problem

Thanks Johnnie Walker but i am after the front hangers for the rear springs. I have seen the brackets you mentioned before and intend on incorporating them into my design.

Already been suggested to him a few posts up. He is wanting to modify the front spring mounts not the rear. But I agree that Brian's brackets are great as I have a set on mine and enjoy the adjust ability.

To OP----So they will let you fab some front mounts and use Brian's mounts but not let you use just the rear brackets with a longer shackle? What type of engineer is this person that has to approve it. Brian's mounts are field tested hard by his group, our group and many many other XJ owners across the nation, and this is with out modded front mounts..

Back