• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 XJ Custom

ArcticMania

NAXJA Forum User
100_6771.jpg

Here is a link to some of the build on our club website.
http://2b2p.rapidboards.com/index.php?showtopic=676

Here's the rear bumper build:

This is what it was like before we started.

RearBumperbefore.jpg

Here it is after cutting and flipping the hitch, notching the 2x4 and welding them together.

103_0305-1.jpg

103_0304.jpg

Here is a shot of the front with the 3/8" plate strengthening the 2x4 to the hitch. We used 3/16" plate to taper it off to the ends. Then we did a lot of grinding and filling/sanding.

RearBumper009.jpg

We added some tubing for a gate guard and to use as a step.

RearBumper009-1.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic Job!!!

i like your work

<deleted>

Take it to the BoD - not here! Infraction next... -Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bumper.. but, how much does it weigh ?

Is it only attached to the bottom of the rear uni body rails with bolts to the nut strips ?

OK -

1) It is nice work - I rather like what I'm seeing, and there's some decent creativity going on here (I especially like the flipped hitch.) I'd like to see what comes next...

2) Arguing about CoM contests ~= Special Olympics. I don't want to see it anymore, and if you guys have a problem, take it up with the leadership of whichever board the contest was on. I think I got everything stripped out - I don't like handing out infractions, but that doesn't stop me when it gets too ridiculous. So, let's not get to that point, OK?

Thanks for everyones comments. :NAXJA: :thumbup:

why didnt you cut and fold the rear quarter instead of just covering it, idk seems just the wiser chioce...

Eventually we will be carrying this build on around for the rockers and possibly an exocage.

Good work man. the bumper looks awesome, and your rig looks very well put together.
Are those TJ front flares?

Yep, they are TJ flares. We will be adding some to the rear when I find a deal on them.

Back