• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window wipes

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know a good source for some new window wipes,(the rubber molding at the bottom of the windows). I saw a complete set, front and rear for $199 at team cherokee, but there has to be some place that sells them cheaper. Mine are all dry rotted and the windows are getting scratched from the broken clips.

I'm having the same problem with my '91. I too would like to find some new rubber pieces.

I ended up scoring a nice set at the junkyard when I was redoing my 89 comanche. TC is the only place I have seen them new. And their prices are outrageous.

Go to your local automotive glass shop. They usually have "universal" material for the wipes, or would have better resources for locating aftermarket parts.

Good find--and they have them for the 2-door!!

If you have a 92 (guessing from your handle) then you have multiple-piece wipes that snap together. After 95ish they switched to a one-piece molded rubber wipe that just clips on the door. These are very common at the junkyards, and it's not hard to find them at all. Here's a pic of the old-style (top) and new-style (bottom)

Door_Wipes_Compared_Inside.sized.jpg

The only thing is you need to make some snips to clear a couple of rivets on the older doors but otherwise they drop right in.

Back