• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj lift kit.

dave07

NAXJA Forum User
im new to xjs (not to jeeps) and im looking to build up my 2000 and run 35s. i have a 8 1/4 welded and a locked dana 30 high pinion ready to go in. im just not sure what lift to buy im not sure if i shoud go with the rough country 4.5 or 6.5. im not afraid ot cut the fenders just not sure if the 4.5 will be enough to run 35s im eather going to get 35/12.50 ltbs or mtr's not sure yet.

I have an 01 with a SkyJacker 8" that I run 35"s on but could probably run 37"s if I really wanted to. My buddy has a 98 with a 6.5" long arm, he's only on 33"s right now but will be running 35" when he finishes building his axles. He will also be cutting the fenders alot. Are you going to run a short arm or long arm?

i plan on getting the long arm kit. i was thinkgin the 6.5 but would like to run the 4.5 if its easly done to keep the cog lower.

I've got a 2000 with a RE 4.5" kit and am running 31's. To run 33's and not have any rubbing, I'd have to cut a decent amount off. To get 35's on with a 4.5" kit, lets just say that I would have to cut a crap load.

I have a composite lift made up of BDS, RE and JKS ACOS, sitting at about 6" front and 7" back. I run 32's and may go to 33's with what I have cut. I really don't think I could go to 35's without massive hacking, I mean tubbing the rear and removing the fender well in the front as well as massive cutting in the front fenders.

You're all talking crazy - this kind of thing isn't possible...and has NEVER been discussed on this forum before....

I'm sure its been discused befor but I couldn't find anything after a few searches and figured I would just ask

It has been done before, yes. Some of us are just living up to the NAXJA slogan: "NAXJA, the friggin' FRIENDLY forum!"

More Like- NAXJA: If you search first you won't look like an idiot or get flamed!

BDS or RC... RE has more and more foregin crap in their kits in recent years.. take note that RC will ride really rough, unless you have a really heavy bumper and winch up front, and a big tire carrier out back and lots of supplies/parts/tools. Then it'll soften up a bit.

Back