• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any damage after...

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
So on Thursday I found out my 89 was leaking coolant pretty good as it was warming up to take to run an errand. So I took our Taco instead.

After getting home from that, I started diving into the cooling system. The lower rad hose had a 3-4 leaks that formed so I drained the coolant, got another lower rad hose, got an upper to replace as well, and also some 5/8 coolant hose to do as well.

In the process of taking off the upper, my wife realized that where the upper connects to the rad, the neck thing, the piece of metal neck was just pushed into the rad, not really secure.

So... last night it decided to snow!! wtf... so my question is, with having the Jeep sitting since Thursday with the coolant drained from the lower rad hose, is there gonna be any damage done to the jeep sitting w/out really any coolant?

I gotta order a new rad so I just wanna make sure it's ok to wait for one to be shipped so I don't have to buy a local crappy 1 row, plastic/aluminum one.

Thanks

Shouldn't hurt a thing as long as the existing fluid was the correct 50/50 mix and rated for the temps in your area.

What he said. Also no coolant = no freezing of said coolant.

Back