• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo Cover Fabrication Write-up

Its actually very similar to what the 97+ came with stock. I have mine but never use it. I like the design of the ZJ/WJs one where it is attached to the rear hatch and comes up with it... no such thin exists for the XJ though.

BTW... you need to fix your steering wheel.. its on the wrong side.

None of my XJ's ever had a cover so I have no idea what the original looks like. I did this based on the fittings in the vehicle. I know what you mean about the WJ's, that was one of the things I enjoyed about mine - but on the whole I prefer the XJ. You missed the spare, it's also on the wrong side XJ's are not that uncommon here, Jeeps in general are very popular. When I bought my first XJ, about 12 years back, they were very much a niche market but the while Daimler Chrysler thing launched them into the mainstream. Unfortunately maintenance tripled overnight thanks to those money grubbing Mercedes a-holes. Here the Mercedes dealerships still have the franchise. Spares for my Porsche are cheaper! On non urgent items I often buy from the States, and where possibble source alternative suppliers locally. Junkyards are out - Jeeps don't end up there.

You missed the spare, it's also on the wrong side
Actually that is the correct side for the US and other left hand drive places... shouldn't it be on the other side for you?

I would think having it on the side opposite from the driver is the hazard. You really can't see out the rear window on the driver's side anyhow, so that is where the tire goes.

The clips are all standard except the one behind the spare if you use that option. then you will need to source the same clip as the opposite side from a dealer or breakers yard.

Back