• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super Swamper LTB Tires Help Me Out

jonn

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at a new set of tires to replace my almost bald Goodyear MTRs they are 35x 12.5 r15 The trails up here are quite muddy with some rockcrawling in between the mud so i think i want to give these tires a a shot. want to hear from someone who has seen or used them how big the 35 12.5 15 is. i know some times intercos sizing can be off maybe i would better off going with the 33x 13.5s i want to get close as possible in size to my old mtrs and can't go much bigger with my currrent setup

Last edited:
They are the best tire ive used offroad. Ive got some 33x12.50 but they measure out to around 34.4" But offroad, you cant beat them. Tough as nails and seem to grip on everthing on the east coast.

I was going to get some 35,s in last december and there was supposed to be a 6 month backlog then ended up getting trxxus instead cause didnt want that wait.

I just realized you are talking about the LTB's. Im running the regular tsl's. I would get either one, the 33 or 35's. You really cant go wrong with either.

or split the difference and go 34.
I love my 34x9.5s Deepest tread depth of any swamper btw ;)
The also make a 34x10.5 LTB, with the bigger lugs on the outside. I've torn my lugs, so I'm not sure bigger ones would be such a good idea.
The 34's are just about 35" mounted on my 7" wheels.

I have the 35" LTB's. On my OMF beadlocks (modified mickey thompson Classic II's) they measure ~34.25". I would highly recommend these tires. They are amazing, I wheel with a bunch of people on TSL's and the LTB seem to grab better in mud and rock.

If you have any specific questions just let me know.

Jim

ive been considering these also....how do they last on the street?

i run 34x10.50 and they measure out around 33.5" or so. They are an excellent tire. They stick to the rocks and clean out well in the mud.

Yeah.....unfortunately, for now, mine is a DD.....I used to have a 1/2 ton Chevy shortwide with 35" Boggers.....man, when you hit mud those things threw dinner plate sized chunks!

...so if my XJ isn't my DD, ( I only drive it maybe 4 times a month around my city ) offroad maybe every other month, i should be fine with 20,000 miles Or so out of them, right?

The more hot pavment driving the less they will last.

I have had my 33X13.50 LTB's for about two years now, excellent off-road both on rocks and in mud, suck on road. they are bias ply and flat spot, sound like a small airplane trying an emergency landing when going at highway speed, don't balence well, and dont do well on ice.. i have about 15K (kms) on them and they haven't shown much for wear.

if your heap is pretty much a trail rig with not much DD duty you will like them, any real amount of DD you wont like them so much...

and they look great! LOL

Back