• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HAM Radio stores?

hollywood32

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know any HAM Radio stores in the IE or southern California? I'm just about ready to take my test for my technician license. I've pretty well settled on the Yaesu FT8800R for my radio but I can't seem to find a antenna and mount I like. I plan on installing the antenna thru the roof like my CB wich is a wilson 5000 on a gumdrop. (Does any one know how far apart I need to keep them?)

Any help, suggestions, inappropriate comments welcome.

Ham Radio Outlet in Anaheim on Euclid between the 5 and 91.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the same place John & I got ours from.

Check us out on http://4x4ham.com

The Yaesu FT-8800 is a great radio. You will be happy with that.

I've been able to run my CB and ham antennas pretty close to each other. I actually had them on mag mounts at first and had to move them further apart because they were swinging into each other creating loud "clang!" each time. You should be fine with at least 3 feet separation. I have my CB front center of the roof and 2 ham antennas mounted on the rear corners of my roof rack and get good results.

You can see my setup in this picture. CB Wilson 5000 mounted up front. 2m Larson mounted on right rear for APRS radio and Yaesu 8800 connected to the Diamond antenna on the left rear.

DSCF8727.jpg

Do you know if they do repairs? I have two race radios I need looked at.

I doubt it, but you could give em a call. Solder Joint in Orange does race radio repairs, although I think they've been bought by PCI.

Back