• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fullwidth 44 Q's

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
ok before anyone starts. i have searched and i just want to make sure i have correctly. So im doing a fullwidth 44 and 9" under the jeep. I bought a 44 and 9" a while back. the 44 i have now is a trunion bearing style. the 9" is under the jeep already. i just want to mnake sure im going to get the correct axle so i dont have a trunion bearing style like i do now. So i want to get one out of a 76-77 ford 1/2 ton? 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern i need with open knuckles. Im running the T N T Customs long arm kit so i dont want to use the radius arms. So i just want to make sure the 76-77 have the wedges that i can cut off with torch. I believe it was the 78-79 that does not have the tubing under the wedges. thansk for any input... -Matt

Correct. I have a 77 F150 44 and 9in. Make sure the wedges are removable (they will be cast, but are not cast t the axle tube. Mine was set up for leafs ( only one I have seen like that). These years will be open knucke 5x5.5, about 65 wms to wms and disk brakes. These axles have worked great for me. I reused the Coil buckets/LCA mounts because it was cheaper, and made some UCA mounts

thats for the info. Just dont want to buy another useless axle.. I appreciate it and hope ill have mine running soon.

Back