• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm finally lifting my Jeep!!!

xjclassic2000

NAXJA Forum User
After owning my Jeep for 6 years, I'm finally ready to lift it.

I finally have all the parts I think I'm going to need (for now). I've been piecing it together over the past few months. Some of you might recognize your old parts. It's going to be about 3.5"

Well here is what I have:

l_20d9326703bf489782534d1d811eca31.jpg

Procomp Progressive coils
Procomp Leaf springs
JK Rubicon Shocks
Ironrock BPE's
Rancho LCA's
Teraflex Sway bar disco's
TnT customs track bar

I will also be getting a ZJ V8 front sway bar to help out the handling a bit.

I know that some of the parts aren't the BEST, but it's what fit my budget and the time that I have, I REALLY wanted to get all of this together before socalfest.

There are already a few upgrades:
ZJ V8 steering
rear disks
Front Skid Plate
Gas Tank skid plate

Here's the Jeep its all going on (no longer have the roof rack though):
l_1f9c2c0d739b4be1a603936ae10e4fe6.jpg

Thanks, Ryan

awesome man, looks like u put together a good kit! kudos!

let me know how you like the procomp leafs... been debating on weather or not i want to purchase them... looks like you'll have nice rig pretty soon!

Ok, I spent the better part of today working on it and got the springs, shocks, BPE's, and track bar bracket in. All thats left is the trackbar, 28mm sway bar, and sway bar disconnects. I can't wait to drive it. I'm gonna have to take it to an alignment shop soon though. Does anyone know a good one within 30 or so min of palos verdes/torrance? I asked fourwheelparts and they wanted $135 to do it :shocked:

let me know how you like the procomp leafs... been debating on weather or not i want to purchase them... looks like you'll have nice rig pretty soon!

will do... I read pretty mixed reviews about them before buying. Some people were saying that they are terrible, and others are saying they're really good for the money. They are pretty cheap, so I'm not expecting them to be the best. You can get a set on amazon.com for $200 with free shipping and you don't need to pay tax, so the price is definitely good.

nice man, you're going to love your XJ...it looks pretty badass already.

I already love my XJ... I just love it more now!

to bad we dont have an auto shop at school lol

tell me about it.... my high school didn't have one either. Fortunately my dad pretty much has any tool I ever need, but it would be nice to have access to a full shop.

Just got the rest of it together and took it for a spin. I have to say, it rides great. Its pretty stiff and stays pretty flat around turns. I definitely need to do something about the vibes though. I was crossing my fingers that It would be ok with only 3.5" but its pretty bad. I wish I could do an SYE, but don't have enough Money to do that now. I'll need to do a transfer case drop for now and hope that solves it.

how you liking the leafs so far? to soft? to hard?:dunno:

how you liking the leafs so far? to soft? to hard?:dunno:

Well, I only took it for a quick spin. The vibes were real bad (its a 2000). I didn't really get a good feel for them. From what I could tell, I would say they are more firm than soft. They are Definitely a lot firmer than my Up Country springs were. I've never had another lifted Jeep, so I don't really have anything to compare them to as far as how firm/soft they are, but I really like the way it rode from the short ride I went on. I'll post more about them once I get a chance to drive a little further.

Back