• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skyjacker 6" and 8" lifts...

mikereid350

NAXJA Forum User
whos got a skyjacker 6" or 8" long arm lift?? i want one but want to know how it handles on the highway.. my jeep is not my daily driver but take it to camp which means a 40 mile treck on pavement...i want a skyjacker kit i have looked at all the other kits and they look cheap..i don't want to weld nothing or cut stuff off either.....i use my jeep mainly on what we call skidder trails they are road plowed threw the bush for miniing exploration..they have lots of rock and steep hills...not much mud...

I agree to skip the skycrapper! You can get a
better suspension for the price, Look at TNT, they are way beefy.

The problem with "big name" lifts is they make kits for soooo many different trucks, they may not be engineered as well as a company specializing in a few different models.

Save yourself some cash and get a better kit, then you have extra cash to regear for those big meats you must be planning on with 8" of lift!

On a personal note I am going to be using a rock krawler 3 link long arm setup. much cheaper but requires welding, and some people don't trust the 3 link.

Many people like Claytons, and Full traction as well. If Cost weren't an issue I would use the Full Traction. and my second choice is the Rock Krawler.

With a properly adjusted trac-bar it will ride much better than stock and no it won't wander if your steering components are in good shape.

goodburbon said:
On a personal note I am going to be using a rock krawler 3 link long arm setup. much cheaper but requires welding, and some people don't trust the 3 link.

x2!!!! I run it, and LOVE IT! Great kit, great ride, amazing flex.

Weld up the brackets at a shop, then come home and bolt everything in!

I have their Y-link 5.5 system. It’s been on for about a month now and like it vary much! Drove out to Salten sea the first week I had it and it performed excellent. But I did have some problems with my steering hitting my sway bar on passenger side. All in all I would recommend it to any one. I did a lot of looking around and found TnT from this site.

Skyjacker 6" is a very nice kit. I am running a hybrid Skyjacker kit on my 4DR.

FRONT:
Skyjacker sub-frame, coils, pitman and control arms.
RE Trac-bar
Teraflex rod ends.
Bilstein 5150 shocks

REAR:
RE springs
Camburg shackles
SKyjacker shocks

It rides and handles better than my 2DR with a Full-Traction 6". Although I havent done any tweaking on it.

Blazair said:
Skyjacker 6" is a very nice kit. I am running a hybrid Skyjacker kit on my 4DR.

FRONT:
Skyjacker sub-frame, coils, pitman and control arms.
RE Trac-bar
Teraflex rod ends.
Bilstein 5150 shocks

REAR:
RE springs
Camburg shackles
SKyjacker shocks

It rides and handles better than my 2DR with a Full-Traction 6". Although I havent done any tweaking on it.

I bet the 5150s make a big difference, what shocks are you running on the FT kit?

Also the rear RE springs would help the ride.

You also took cake of the weakest point of the skyjacker kit by using a RE trackbar. The skyjacker TB uses the steering stabilizer mount, that mount isn't really designed to handle the stress of a trackbar.

I am running Skyjackers in the front, FT in the back. Originally it had FT all the way around, but one of the FT (i.e. Bilstein 5100) shocks developed a leak, so they were replaced by the takeoffs from my 4DR.

Back