• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 Rebuild

Cowboydoc

NAXJA Forum User
So who makes the best kit to rebuild a 231? just picked one up and am going to rebuild it, replace the input shaft with the one I have in my 249, possibly SYE it and throw it in. Any suggestions? Anyone want to come help or learn?

I'm down for helping/learning. Got a FSM too, if you don't.
So who makes the best kit to rebuild a 231? just picked one up and am going to rebuild it, replace the input shaft with the one I have in my 249, possibly SYE it and throw it in. Any suggestions? Anyone want to come help or learn?

they are pretty easy to work on my suggestion is to take it apart clean it up and see what it needs and make your purchases based on what you will be adding to it for instance if you need a output shaft why buy one seperate if you can just get one with a sye kit etc.

Let me know if you have any questions or like john said if you need any tools I'm sure I can loan ya whatever you are missing.

I'm looking at building another 231 to get away from the 242's I seem to gernade regularly

Back