• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what/where to get tie rod & drag links

tizzdizz

NAXJA Forum User
Doing some maintenance on my jeep, and I want to replace the tie rod, tie rod ends, and any other wear items in the steering. Mainly I'm curious what I should get besides new tie rod ends and an upgraded tie rod such as the JKS one.

I'm always having to adjust the drag link adjuster sleeve to get my steering back to center after wheeling, and I've seen heavy duty adjuster sleeves, but it seems like I should replace the whole drag link with something heavy duty, since it's almost as vulnerable to a rock hit as the tie rod, and it's easy to move back and forth on the ball joint by hand. What have you guys run?

If you want a really solid setup, go currie.

Im running the zj tie rod, and it sucks. I always hit the damn thing.

The zj tie rod is good for what it is but if you install it in the same place as your old one, then its gonna hit the same stuff. Flip it on top of the driver's side knuckle and you're a little bit better.

Good suggestions. I've already dropped a ton of money in parts in the last few days though, so $400 more might be hard to swing. Is it a full kit though? And how hard is it to install?

The currie set up is brutal.

Full kit, very solid, and very heavy.

You can find em for much cheaper through some of our vendors.

Back