• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE question

fred0000

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 jeep cherokee with 3 inch's of lift, and i'm running no SYE, I do get a slight vibe when down shifting, but I know that the yoke can be clearanced out and get some more angle, i'm doing an axle swap (toyota 8" front and rear) and everythings about ready to go in, I only want to make a driveshaft once, with the 3-4" lift can I run no SYE and clearance the yoke and be ok? or is a SYE one of those must haves, any info would be awesome/great, any questions about my build are welcome as well.

you could get around without it, but for me, its more peace of mind. stronger mainshaft, better driveshaft and if for some reason i have to run no rear driveshaft, you wont loose all the fluid. id bite the bullet and just get it. advance adapters has a sye/driveshaft combo for 500 bucks that i just put in. im running the same lift and getting ready to swap axles myself.

the only thing that i'm worried about is the chance of having to run without a rear driveshaft. the other concerns arent to big, cause its not that much of a lift, I just wanted opinions as I want to do this right the 1st time, its going to be pretty cool I think anyway, low and light on 33's, always wanted to do it.

I think im' gunna go the SYE rout, hate to say it but I might leave it slip yoke for a while. i've got another NP231 lined up and thought it would be cool to build it up, do the SYE to that case, and posibly a wide chain, and I want to run a park brake disc setup on the back of the t case, with my axle swap it would remove adapting that park brake setup headach, but also means no park brake in the mean time. I think I can live with that.

Back