• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego M&G switched to THURS 3/18 this month (St Paddys day conflict)

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
This month's Meet & Greet has been moved to THURSDAY 3/18 at 6pm due to St. Paddy's day being on Weds 3/17. So bring your happily hungover or wisely abstained self out on Thursday!!

======================================================
Come one come all, all ages, for however long you can show up. See you there!! Once again we'll repeat the "PUB CRAWL" M&G. Both places are open to people of all ages, not just 21-and-up.

This is an hour at one place, having a quality brew & some snacks, and then we drive to the 2nd place and share a pitcher or two over pizza.

We'll be at O'Briens from 6:30-7:30ish for great beer & appetizers, and Bullpen from 7:35ish to ? for pizza & eye candy for the boys.

If you get to the Bullpen & we're not there yet, just grab a table & we'll get there soon. Whether we do the outside patio or a table in the back room will depend on the weather, and how well the patio heaters are cranking.

O'Briens: 4646 Convoy St., San Diego, CA 92111
www.obrienspub.net 2 blks north of Balboa in a strip mall on the SW corner of Opportunity & Convoy.

Bullpen: 8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111 www.Bullpenbar.com Just west of Hwy 163 in the strip mall (pardon the pun) where Cheetahs is, on south side of street.

I might be able to make it out there Carol. I would love to meet up with the folks and start getting the ball rolling for the classes! I will pm my number and see if I can help at all.

90% I will be there Carol, but it will likely be closer to 7:30.
That'd be cool! And yeah, there's talk of getting some CPR /Trail First Aid training done, and CowboyDoc's looking to help out and has components for some pretty pimpin FA kits. I hope you can make it down there! Not sure how many will show, it's usually 4-10 of us but you never know!

Ted, is your Jeep still driveable after kissing the dirt sideways?

Carol

It's saint PATTY's day! Saint Patrick, not Saint Padrick! aaargh!

Sorry, I'm Irish Catholic and that's a pet peeve of mine :D

Oooooh, my bad. My deepest apologies!! Call the Paddy Wagon for me instead =)

From O'Brien's website:

"The following day, Thursday the 18th, we get back to normal with a cask of Alpine Pure Hoppiness at 5 pm"

Yum...I'll see you there

:loveu:party1::party:

Oooooh, my bad. My deepest apologies!! Call the Paddy Wagon for me instead =)

trivia, know why they call it the paddy wagon?

back in the early 1900s the police transported the crooks in the back of these. there are two main theories about the name, one that most of the cops back then were irishmen; and my favorite, that they drove around those wagons because so many drunken irishmen were getting arrested for fighting and causing trouble :D

trivia, know why they call it the paddy wagon?
they drove around those wagons because so many drunken irishmen were getting arrested for fighting and causing trouble :D

Nice Trivia!!

But I didn't realize you were around back then!! :wierd:

Grimm, you're right on both counts. Irish male immigrants at the beginning of the 20th century tended to become, priests, crooks or cops. They made good cops because they were not afraid to fight, crooks because there was no work. In fact my father-in-law had a sign given to him by his grandfather that said "Irish Need Not Apply". Early discrimination on the east coast.

How many Irishmen does it take to change a light bulb?
Two: one holds the bulb and the other starts drinking until the room spins.

haha! I'm German / Irish and we'd have a helluva time in Chicago during St Patrick's Day parade.

The San Diego Parade is tomorrow at 11. Biggest one west of the Mississippi.
I usually march with the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, but prob won't tomorrow.
Come on down!

Is it Thursday yet? =)

Back