• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring 97 overhead into 98

crimsondragon

NAXJA Forum User
Electrical gremlins have me. Does anybody have the Pace Enterprise wiring diagram? If you do please send my way.

I have two problems:
1. The third plug, being the only male on the 97 harness has five wires.These would be black/red stripe, blue, grey/red stripe, grey, and blue/grey stripe. The female plug on the 98 only has 3 wires. I compared the harness with the 98 harness and it seems the two wires that doesn't have a connection is the grey and blue/grey stripe. Which leads me to problem #2
2. I plugged in the two plugs that only work and the computer booted up. Splendid. However, at that point, the rear defroster decided it hates life and proceeded to turn on and stay on. The rear windshield wiper, seeing the defiance in the defroster decided to join him. Odd. I'm assuming this plug is for the keyless doors because my doors refuse to activate.

This was earlier and I recently soldered the 3 wires onto the female plug and plugged it in. Seems like it doesn't do anything. I checked continuity and it reads less than 1 ohm. I have found the source of the defroster/wiper malfunction. It seems the plug for the overhead lights are causing it. I have no idea why though. I disconnected the plug and everything went away. It's the plug with the yellow, red, black wires.

Figured it out. The rear driver side bulb was not put in all the way so I put that back in. Then I had more gremlins messing with everything. Defroster activated the rear wiper if 2 of the lights were on but if 4 were on, everything was normal. Basically it was a mess. Decided to plow on through, reset the computer and everything went back to normal. Go figure. God forbid, if something goes in the computer, everything will go haywire.

Back