• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Trail Run Details

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Finally got some time and brain power to put this together :) Last years trip was a BLAST!!! I can't wait to see ya all again and meet some new folks.

This run is open to Newbie's and the more Seasoned Wheelers. If you are a Newby, do not worry, I or someone in the group are more than willing to spot when and where ever you need it.

When: Saturday July24th
Where: Deer Valley OHV Trail - HIGHWAY 4 Side.
Departure Time: 9:30am
Trail Details: The trail is approximately 7 miles (one way). We can either go all the way through or stop at the second water crossing, eat some lunch then turn back around.

More Trail Details courtesy Josh (XJensen):
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=1

Last year we had 25 Rigs (awesome showing), started around 9:30 and we got off of the trail at about 4:00, with about an hour for lunch. There is a small chance we might break this up into groups if the numbers of rigs is too high. I will keep you posted as we get closer.

Minimum Requirements:
1. 3" of lift
2. 31's (all terrains or muds)
3. Front & Rear Tow Points

Good to have (but not required):
1. Rocker Protection
2. Locker ('s)

DV08_0459.jpg

DV08_0462.jpg

The one thing I ask is everyone respect the trail and the folks around you. We want this to be fun for everyone.

Last but not least, volunteers would be greatly appreciated to help out for the day. With a group this large, the less built / less experienced folks will need to be dispursed amongst the more built / more experienced folks. That way we all get through the day and nobody gets left behind.

Hit me up with ANY questions. We will be posting up Saturday's Dinner and the other trails in seperate threads.

Late,
Mark

Last edited:
Is it July yet?

I think most know the standard equipment that needs to be on/in your Jeep, but I will just post it up anyway:
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC) (Just ask Phil!)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any passengers
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    • Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    • Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    • D-Rings
    • Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Also this run is open to all red, black or even Green name NAXJA members.

Are we going to hit up slick rock too?

Jeep450r - Yeah Slick Rock will be on Sunday. I am waiting for a response from a guy who has volunteered to lead it. We will post it up in a seperate thread.

Cant wait, looks like fun!

I'll be there but not till friday night, just in time for Deer valley and slick rock:yelclap: last year was awesome. Is this going to be a XJ only run? (got a friend with a Yota) thanks

Last edited:
I'll be there but not till friday night, just in time for Deer valley and slick rock:yelclap: last year was awesome. Is this going to be a XJ only run? (got a friend with a Yota) thanks

Glad you can make it. Everyone is welcome to invite non XJ friends. What kind of rig?

Even if I can't make it for the rest of SierraFest I'll be there for this one. I've been wanting to do this trail for awhile now and always seem to have other stuff get in the way. So it's time to get my a** out there and do it already.....

We will be their in our Black 84 CJ it was a great run last year -
I will be in the RH seat strapped in
Bruce

:spam: any BBQ plans

I am going to cancel a camping trip and do the Saturday DV run.

Let's see...Tahoe over the July 4th week, Club run with the Boonie Bouncers in mid month, Strawberry with NAXJA on the 21st, and Deer valley with NAXJA on the 24th. Drool...That leaves all of August to fix broken parts!

I am going to cancel a camping trip and do the Saturday DV run.

Let's see...Tahoe over the July 4th week, Club run with the Boonie Bouncers in mid month, Strawberry with NAXJA on the 21st, and Deer valley with NAXJA on the 24th. Drool...That leaves all of August to fix broken parts!

Rock on......

Back