• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Runs for stockers?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Its been a really long time since I had a stock XJ, and I can't really remember where the fun places to take one are.

I wanna take a couple of our local stock kids out to play ..where do the cool kids go now? I'm not a big fan of cleghorn but can go for a day, where else is good? Miller Jeep Trail still a good run?

I would think Truckhaven would be a great spot...JV has some real nice places to run around for a stocker.. Curt knows alot of places to run a stocker..

cleveland national forrest- skyline road. fun road to just go up, has some small challanging off shoots, really fun in the mud at the top rite now! :]

miller is pretty fun, probabally a little challenging for a stock rig, just check to make sure its open before you go out there, i would be down to go if you wanted to run miller.

cleveland national forrest- skyline road. fun road to just go up, has some small challanging off shoots, really fun in the mud at the top rite now! :]
Skyline is where I was gonna say, that rubidoux has some good fun off of Sierra and vally way at the quarry

There's tons of miles in stoddard valley of easy to even hard core trails I really like it there.
There's a lot of stocker friendly stuff off the 15 between the 215 split and victorville
And not as much stocker friendly in winter but there's lytle creek

Gorman.

Hit the practice area then a few of the trails; if I could remember specific trail names I'd give em, but there are a few blue rated ones that have some good climbs.

Cal, If you want you can take mine to lead a stock run !
I was gonna say... I bet I know a stocker that'll volunteer... and yep, she did!! This was her asking JeeperJohn to run her rig (swaybar and all) up the RTI Ramp at TDS for grins:
TDS3-2010013.jpg

We've done some great stuff out in Truckhaven, but I don't know if Tom West's still in Borrego or not. He leads a mean take-it-to-the-max run that a stocker can do, and is a great spotter.

And the "Hmm, we'll head south for a bit then try to find our way back after we go east around these hills" stocker route in JV's pretty fun. I think we covered 28 miles at Goatfest, and I was the only one to take damage (which buffed right out :laugh3:) because I was in front and warned everyone else about the ambush rock. Oh, and HeepSpeed's taillight. Darn stickshift rollback!

But depending on where/when you run, I'd be up for it. I'm still pretty close to stock!
TDS3-2010019.jpg

I think I'm gonna patch my ford truck together and lead a few stocker runs with it. Its not -exactly- stock, but that 80 cfm 1bbl holly carb pretty much keeps it off of the fun stuff. :)

It'd be good to see the Ford off the road/out of the driveway!!

sounds like a great idea! i will be watching this and saving some vacation time!

Come to the Oceano dunes!
We should have a meet up here!
Not a trail, but fun. Most fun without all the dillweed bako's that ruin this place.

I would think Truckhaven would be a great spot...JV has some real nice places to run around for a stocker.. Curt knows alot of places to run a stocker..

I know several places to run alot of different rigs... :D

Stockers with... newbs ? Or vets ? Single day trip or a two day trip say over the Bradshaw ?? Spring would be a good time due to the flowers... & things poping green...

Curt

I know several places to run alot of different rigs... :D

Stockers with... newbs ? Or vets ? Single day trip or a two day trip say over the Bradshaw ?? Spring would be a good time due to the flowers... & things poping green...

Curt

Bradshaw was the first trail I did when I got my XJ. Even then I found it really unexciting. :/ too much of it is just a big long dirt road.

Back