• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm sorry, but I have to brag.....

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
So Saturday morning I got up around 6 am and headed to Vegas. Met my wife who was already there .

Met up with her and some friends who's son turned 21. Had a great time celebrating. Won 40 bux on roulette (I know big deal. At least I didn't lose)...

Today on the way back, went to the desert center off ZZYZX road, then wheeled for about an hour in Afton Canyon......

What's to brag about you say???

On my way out Saturday I stopped in Calico and met my hero..... Again....

The Meyers Manx Club was having a run there. Bruce Meyers was there. I got him to autograph my copy of 1000 Miles to Glory, and got my pic taken with him......:clap::clap:

(Pic to follow... I'm not home yet).

Let's see the pics of the Manxes!

No, there is no off-roading at Zzyzx. Only the desert center. You have to park and walk. There were about 5 people out there working, doing odd jobs around the compound... All were friendly and said hello. I think we were there for about 10 minutes.

Then we headed down the road to Afton Canyon to do a little wheeling. We just went as far as the large tressel then back About 45 minutes worth. Ran in to a group of Wranglers and a Suburban. They said they had just finished the Old Mojave road tour.....

Anyway, pics may be slow to load, so wait for them....

Bruce Meyers...

Meyers Manx on display....

Afton Canyon....

Last edited:
You were in Vegas on Saturday too?

I was there Sat-Mon.

You were in Vegas on Saturday too?

I was there Sat-Mon.

Did you people forget that XJ owners visiting Las Vegas are required to inform me about their travel plans? It's not like I can drop in on the SoCal meet and greets easily from here.

Next time you come, give a buddy a heads up and maybe meet for a drink.

Geeez...

Did you people forget that XJ owners visiting Las Vegas are required to inform me about their travel plans? It's not like I can drop in on the SoCal meet and greets easily from here.

Geeez...

Sorry Andy, it was a last minute decision. I wasn't even going to go..... But the wife convinced me that my life would be much less miserable if I did....

Geeez...

Sorry.... I'm barely out west these days as it is.

Back