• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Relays.

Pen_Two

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a few lights on my roof, and I have a quick question about the relays. The one wire is supposed to go to the high beam, to act as a signal to tell the relay to switch from open or close. If I run that wire to the battery terminal instead, will it always draw from battery even when the car is in the off position of the ignition?

...one wire is supposed to go to the high beam, to act as a signal to tell the relay to switch ...

Hook that wire to the parking lamps if you want the roof lights to stay on with the headlight hi beams

Yes it will always be pulling power but it will just be siting at the relay waiting for you to ground it, thus powering the relay. What I do on relays is just splice a wire off your main power wire going to the relay. Less wiring that way.

Will that cause a steady constant draw? If so, will it ultimately rape my battery over night?

Back