• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering box gone south...

The Adam Blaster

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I've got my '98 in a shop doing some odds and ends for me after I've got about 95% of my RE 4.5" kit finished, and the steering box is dead and leaking all over the place.
So, I wouldn't mind getting a new box from an NAXJA vendor, but I'm curious if I should also look into getting a steering box brace as well.
I previously just had 31's on, and I'm moving into 33's.
The XJ will be reserved for pretty much just trail duty, MAYBE drive it during the week every once in a while.
And I will hopefully be able to get out about once a month to hit some trails. So, it won't see many miles in any given year.
But when i'm 'wheeling, I usually don't treat the vehicle very nicely, so would a teering box brace be worth it? And if so, which companies produce a decent one, with a decent price?

Quadratec sells an aftermarket box for $375, so I'm already priming up my credit card... lol

I wouldn't run abrace. There has been threads about it leading to cracking the frame and such. Get CRok steering box frame supports.

Back