• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goodyear MT/R

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
Has the Goodyear MT/R that was used as stock equipment on Rubicons been discontinued? I've checked a few local shops and a couple of online stores and all I'm finding are the new MT/R Kevlar tires.

Thanks.

Geoff

Has the Goodyear MT/R that was used as stock equipment on Rubicons been discontinued? I've checked a few local shops and a couple of online stores and all I'm finding are the new MT/R Kevlar tires.

Thanks.

Geoff

Theres still some out there. Random sizes at the major retailers. More common sizes still on ebay. I have a new set of 235's that are useless to me now since I'm adding a RE 4.5" this week.

JP did a pretty harsh test of the new MT/R and they said it does better than the old ones in every category and they aired it down to like 8psi and could't break the bead no matter what they did. I'm deff getting the new MT/Rs next.

There is also the duratrac ( I think) dunno much about those tho.

A local guy is selling a used set of MT/R's. Two are new, and 2 are 50%. The price is really good. Now I know why. Can't replace the 50% ones in a year's time. Oh well, they are only a 31" tire. I guess I could always replace them with TreadWrights when they wear out.

Goodyear MT/Rs with Kevlar are on national backorder. I tried to get some 35s about a week ago and had to go with the Mickey Thompson MTZs because no where in the country could I get a new set of MT/Rs

We use the new kevlar MTRs on our Jeepspeed and we absolutely love them. We have had zero flats since we started using the new tire. And I loved it at Parker when we were racing down a wash in the rain and our XJ in 2 wheel drive passed two of the Wranglers who were in 4wd (and using and using different brand tires). Traction is sick with those.

Back