• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 parts on 97 block/head? and exhaust?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
Will there be any problems if I put my 2001 4.0 accessories, ignition, fuel and intake manifold on a 97 block/head set up as 4.5 stroker? I know I'll have to figure out a mounting bracket to secure the ignition coil rail and revert to the pre-00 exhaust (which will be a pain with my current oxygen sensors, 4 mounted on the downpipe).

Speaking of exhaust, can I rig up the O2 sensors to work? Thinking splicing the current 2 upstream sensors into one sensor to work with the older exhaust, and use exhaust simulators for the downstream sensors? I'll be keeping the main cat by the muffler, but don't want to mess with the wiring. Just keep the CEL lights off so I know if something else activates it. This will be primarily a trail Jeep, in a state that does emissions checks, but not to California specs.

I changed my search terms and found some a couple good threads. I love NAXJA :)

Back