• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stoddard/Barstow OHV Area THREATENED!!!

This sucks! Why can't they look at areas where there are no OHV uses for wind energy? These people choose to grab these areas because there is little resistance from the off roading community compared to other communities. We will have to be very vocal to have a chance at stopping them from closing the area to recreational use. Given the current trend toward "green" energy and the political strength of this position, it will take a huge effort to have any impact.

This is what I wrote BLM,

Please ensure that our public land that is for OHV as it was intended for. There is a lot of land around that companies can buy that are not our BLM lands. Also the destruction of OHV in OHV parks is next to nothing compared to plowing down land to build windmills.. and the windmills are unsightly as are solar power plants and anything "Green" that is being pushed on us Americans at the moment. Johnson Valley and other areas have been coming under attack recently and I ask where are we to go to enjoy our family and friends if we have no public land to do it on? California is a BIG state and there is plenty of private land that can be bought for the "Green" solar/wind plants.

Please represent "we the people" and not government agenda.. as "we the people" are the government, yet it seems like those few in power forget this!

oh does NORA know about this? I had signed up with them at KOH and have not heard anything from them... I think they are to let us know who to contact and such for issues such as this...

Hey guys,
This is an application to install testing towers to see if there would be enough wind there to even put up windmills in the Stoddard Valley area. Is there a chance they could eventually put up towers, absolutely!

It's awfully funny to me that Fienstiens Bill S2921 would create a national Recreation Area there but the BLM might allow windmills there. Sounds like the same song and dance, a bunch of lies.

I talked to the BLM last week and they assured me that that is not in their plans for that area. Let me see here, lease the land for wind energy or allow OHV use? I think you get the picture here. We all have to send in letters, but please comment appropriately, don't say that is stupid, you guys suck, i pay taxes, etc. Make your comments personal, and to the point.

Petitions, form letters, copying your buddies letter do not carry the same weight with the government. We all have to get involved to save our sport. We also have to recreate on our public lands responsibly.

The off-road community in general is too apathetic to get involved. We don't come together like we HAVE to. The "Greenies are kicking our butts because of this. So tell all your friends to wright letters, donate to land use clubs, volunteer, etc.

take an outsider look at TDS and other bigger events...thats what the Greenies and GOV sees...all the assholes and dumbshits....Its hard to show them that there are nice 4x4ers who enjoy the outdoors and take care of it..

take an outsider look at TDS and other bigger events...thats what the Greenies and GOV sees...all the assholes and dumbshits....Its hard to show them that there are nice 4x4ers who enjoy the outdoors and take care of it..
What's unfortunate is that even with all the knuckleheads on major holiday weekends and large events the "damage" done to the landscape is really negligible in the grand scheme of things. At most all it does is slightly increase the pace of the natural processes that take place. I say this in reference to erosion etc. The trash and stuff that is left behind is an obvious eyesore. What sucks is the greenies make it look like we are really doing some major damage when that is simply not so. I wish there were a way to get people to see the real picture and not the hyped up crap the greenies feed to politicians.

greenies and GOV = hippies and money

Back