• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj steering

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
i have some Q's on steering... they are

1. whats the length i should cut the dom. for the drag link and tie rod bar.
2. how much shorter should i cut them than the measured length.
3. should a steering stabilizer be used...
4. any specific angles besides folloing the track bar that would help
background: 1992 cherokee 4.0 dana 30 drive 50/50 road and trails
steering is ballistic fab 3/4 with 4 chromoly heims

thanks

measure the heims with the tube adapter about halfway on. youre measuring from the middle of the bolt hole to the edge of the adapter that seats against the tube. multiply by 2. measure from pitman arm to knuckle. subtract previous measurement. cut.

i must be missing something :dunno:

do you want someone to give you the measurements instead of figuring it out the way trippled mentioned?

i must be missing something :dunno:

do you want someone to give you the measurements instead of figuring it out the way trippled mentioned?
you are missing something i have took his advise ..... i have more than 1 question im asking so far i have one answer.....you would think before you spent the time to reply you would of spent the time to read the questions at hand lol

measure the heims with the tube adapter about halfway on. youre measuring from the middle of the bolt hole to the edge of the adapter that seats against the tube. multiply by 2. measure from pitman arm to knuckle. subtract previous measurement. cut.

thanks for your advise...

Back