• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW JEEP?

coldforge

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 95 jeep cherokee but theres rust spots that need help and I want to build my credit so im going to buy a 98 from a stealership and put all my stuff of the 95 onto the 98. Do you guys think i should do it? theres rust in the feet pans wheel wheels thick rust. If i do it can i put my build 9.25 in the 98? I know i cant run my snorkel though bc it well have ABS :(

WHAT DO YOU THINK YES OR NO? and some help

I would vote no There's alot of good deals on XJ's out there and stealerships are overpriced.

I would vote no There's alot of good deals on XJ's out there and stealerships are overpriced.
My advice: Dont finance your hobby, It's an expensive mistake to make. Finance a house, finance a new family car, but dont finance toys.

Agreed. I wouldn't bother. If you're looking to "build" you credit, get a small credit card, buy a Mcdonald's meal once a month and pay it off; pay for a Bally's membership once a month. Hell, buy a cheap laptop from Dell. No need to waste 4-7k unnecessarily.

When you say rust, how bad are we talking here? Due to the age of your rig, I doubt it's a problem of epic proportions. Are there dimples in the rust or is it still smooth? I'd suspect surface rust, but not a structural threat type rust. Any holes due to rust?

PS A military star card doesn't report to credit bureau people. Don't get duped on that one. :)

the end of the wheel wells under the door and the foot pans i sprayed them with the rust primer and under the rug and where the front windsheild was leaking

PS A military star card doesn't report to credit bureau people. Don't get duped on that one. :)

PS: Stay away from the star card period. USAA has lower interest if you want to go the CC route.

The star card was great until they started allowing the purchase of alcohol and smokes. It was all downhill from there! :)

the end of the wheel wells under the door and the foot pans i sprayed them with the rust primer and under the rug and where the front windsheild was leaking

Again, what does this rust look like?
Holes, dimples, surface rust? This has a HUGE difference of how to and difficulty of fixing.

Credit. I would agree with the comments above. Get a CC and use it VERY infrequently and pay it off each month. Credit is best used on appreciating assets (homes, businesses, etc) only.

Michael

well i lifted the pass and drivers sid rug and i see a penny size hole on the pass side and a piece of metal they used screws to cover a spot on both sizes. I have no clue i think this jeep was in a lake for 50 years lol but the rest i think is surface rust

wow why woudl teh star card do that lol

Back