• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some torque specs

4LVLFWD

NAXJA Forum User
tried searching and didnt come up with what i needed. I dont have a fsm or any repair manuals soo... i need the rear bumper bracket torque spec, it's a 15mm bolt, and also need the exhaust hanger torque spec that bolts to the stock nutstrip thats a 18mm. its a 01. thanks in advance.

Neither of those bolts really need a torque spec--good n tight will work just fine.

Wayne

Neither of those bolts really need a torque spec--good n tight will work just fine.

Wayne

x2. There is anal retentive (which I am) and then there is OCD.

A trailer hitch, on the other hand...

tried searching and didnt come up with what i needed. I dont have a fsm or any repair manuals soo... i need the rear bumper bracket torque spec, it's a 15mm bolt, and also need the exhaust hanger torque spec that bolts to the stock nutstrip thats a 18mm. its a 01. thanks in advance.

Its not a 15mm,"wrench size is not bolt size".

For the true OCD type, it's 41 foot pounds for both the bracket to frame and the bumper to bracket bolts (really, I looked it up!). That, by the way, translates into "reasonably tight." 40 foot pounds for the tailpipe hanger, which is, I guess "reasonably tight lite."

unless its load bearing, I really wouldn't worry about torquing anything...Antiseize on the other hand is a different story.

Back