• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a Clutch

ALL PLAY

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 92 xj 5 1/2 lift, 4.10 gears with 31's soon to go to 33's is there a clutch brand that anyone would recommend.

P.S. I do rock it. It ain't no poser jeep!! LOL

Thanks

Bo

I had a LUK brand clutch, worked and lasted pretty good, now have a centerforce and so far so good. Most clutches grab good through out there life, depending on how hard you are on a clutch is directly proportionate with how long it lasts.

get the least aggressive. the agressive ones are a PITA to drive on the street with. had a friend with one ina mustang, almost impossible to not chirp tires with it.

A centerforce dual friction clutch is more for high rpm's. I would suggest not to go with that. I have suggested it in the past, but when I used one in my Chevelle, it was a PITA on the street even, good at the track though.

Id go with a stock type one. Cheap from NAPA, and last long IMO. I also reccomend to replace the slave cylinder while your at it. Have the flywheel turned too.

i installed a Luk Pro Gold clutch this past spring, and I have been very happy with it. It was about $100 cheaper than an OEM.

Back