• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yokes Interchangeable?

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of installing an sye and screwed up one of the bolts holding the front drive shaft on. I cut one of the head off but int the process I cut a bit into the yoke. I have a D30 sitting in the back of the shop and I noticed the yoke. Will a D30 pinion yoke fit the front output of a NP231?

it probly will fit but wont work. as the one for the front axle has threaded bolt holes and the one for the tcase is just holes that the bolts go threw. take it off and inspect. if it will fit just drill out the threads. uve got the part there so might as well see. ive heard these are 100 to replace

Im in the process of installing an sye and screwed up one of the bolts holding the front drive shaft on. I cut one of the head off but int the process I cut a bit into the yoke. I have a D30 sitting in the back of the shop and I noticed the yoke. Will a D30 pinion yoke fit the front output of a NP231?
i thing the shaft is to long.....

If you didn't cut too far into the yoke in a critical area you may be able to just smooth out the area and use the yoke you have. Otherwise I guess you will need a JY yoke as the D30 yoke won't work.

Too far into the Critical area? Moral of the story here; wait for the Dremel, don't use the 4 1/2" cut off wheel.

If the bolt head sits flush that would probably be OK.

Back