• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase clicking

Reds82

NAXJA Forum User
Ok a buddy and I installed a sye kit in my 231 and I'm now getting a click noise (the clicking sounds like a baseball card in a bike tire) and doesn't want to shift into 4wd easily. It seem like its not fully engaging in 4hi or low. We measured the shift fork and the arm was the right length and put it all back in the same direction it was taking out. We are both out of ideas and need someones fresh ideas.

did u take out the shift fork during install? might have that miss aligned. sounds like ure issue. does clicking happen all the time 2wd and 4wd? details?

only in 4wd it and yes we took out the shift fork because the kit said it need to be measured

Are you sure you got the teeth of the shift forked engaged in the groove of the gear on the main shaft? Did you put the plastic isolators on the teeth of the shift fork?

Back