• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi lift

RedJeep2.0

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So who has what?

I want to get a taller one i have the steel/cast 48''.

Im thinking about the 60 Inch X-Treme.

http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/product-comparison.html

photo-67.jpg

I have a 48" cast.
I have a 60" cast.
I have a 60" Extreme.

All are great jacks.
I would base which "height" jack to get based on the size of tires and amount of "flex" the vehicle has.

Michael

i got this one a year ago at the 4wheelparts show in puallup for 50 bucks
ph_cast_steel.jpg

What is the benefit of the Xtreme? Seems the same thing for more money. I have a 60", sometimes it's a hassle but it always seems to be needed because all the other jacks are too short.

I see no use for a 60" hi-lift EVER. What you need is a 48" hi-lift and a limiting strap, to keep the suspension from unloading when you try to lift the rig.

http://www.rimrockmtn.com/products.htm#Jack

That would work great if you were on flat ground. but in un-even terain where your suspension is already unloaded it would be useless. Even with a 48" in my driveway It gets pretty close to the top of the jack, and I'm pretty sure that once I go higher and put bigger tires on my 48 will be useless. But that my opinion.

i should say mine is the 60

I see no use for a 60" hi-lift EVER. What you need is a 48" hi-lift and a limiting strap, to keep the suspension from unloading when you try to lift the rig.

http://www.rimrockmtn.com/products.htm#Jack

O.k. I am all for supporting small businesses, but won't a regular ratchet strap and a little creativity acomplish the same goal of keeping the suspension from unloading? Why spend $30 on a product with only one use, when a $8 ratchet strap will perform the same function and others as well? If I were to destroy or somehow lose a cheap strap it would not be much of an issue as I have several and they are cheap. If I were to lose the Rimrock Mtn. strap, I would not be very happy. Also, The less crap I have to remember to pack into the Jeep the less likely I am to forget something!

Oh, I forgot. I use a 48"

Matt

O.k. I am all for supporting small businesses, but won't a regular ratchet strap and a little creativity acomplish the same goal of keeping the suspension from unloading? Why spend $30 on a product with only one use, when a $8 ratchet strap will perform the same function and others as well? If I were to destroy or somehow lose a cheap strap it would not be much of an issue as I have several and they are cheap. If I were to lose the Rimrock Mtn. strap, I would not be very happy. Also, The less crap I have to remember to pack into the Jeep the less likely I am to forget something!

Oh, I forgot. I use a 48"

Matt

I'm not saying THEIR strap is the only way to go, I use a normal ratchet strap too, it's just a cool product.

I've been wheeling for 15 years, with various different vehicle setups, I've never once had the need to use a longer jack than the 48". Getting a rig up that high on a hi-lift is already scary enough, I couldn't imagine another foot up! hahahahaha

J

I agree with John that you don't want the vehicle any higher than necessary and useing limiting straps is an option some times. They are a royal pain in the ass most of the time in my mind.

The differences between the Xtreme and the standard 60 are small. Since I keep mine on the roof the quality of the paint has always been an issues with the standard ones and I suspect that the Xtreme will hold up better in the elements.

I have had it for about a year and so far I am very happy with it.

Michael

I'm not saying THEIR strap is the only way to go, I use a normal ratchet strap too, it's just a cool product.

I've been wheeling for 15 years, with various different vehicle setups, I've never once had the need to use a longer jack than the 48". Getting a rig up that high on a hi-lift is already scary enough, I couldn't imagine another foot up! hahahahaha

J

x2 theres no need for anything longer then a 48". I have had the same 48" hi lift for 6 years now. never needed anything bigger. I use same setup but with a cheap HF ratchet strap.

My argument for a 60" = One time ( and one time only) I came across a guy with his 48" on perched on a rock so he could get enough lift due to the side that needed lifting being high centered on that side ( safety note - this was a BAD idea and would most likely result in bodily injury). In my book having the extra hirght and not using it is worth needing it and not having it. $.02 I carry my jack on the hood with the 4xRack from Hi-Lift Inc. I used to carry my 48" inside the rig beside the driver seat - 60" won't work that way.

The differences between the Xtreme and the standard 60 are small. Since I keep mine on the roof the quality of the paint has always been an issues with the standard ones and I suspect that the Xtreme will hold up better in the elements.

Nah, it's just a different color paint. The only real differences with the Xtreme are that it has a quick-release pin at the base (for come-along abilities) and a chain-grab/come-along/spreader/clamp apparatus on the main shaft (lol shaft).

You can do the same job with one of these on your standard Hi-Lift. http://www.rescue42.com/jmr42.php

Oh, and if you're high-centered you could use one of these. They work really damn well and will work with your on-board air, too: http://www.arbusa.com/Products/Tow-Straps-And-Recovery-Gear/Exhaust-Jacks/46.aspx

Back