• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

inner fender on trimmed fenders

motox168

NAXJA Forum User
I just got rid of my bushwackers and opened my fenders up a littel further and now i dont know what to do with my innerfenders, so what do you guys with trimmed fenders do to keep you innerf ender(plastic peice) intact?

Thanks

This portion of thread removed by Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think most of the guys are just ditching them. oh and pm sent on the bushwackers

if you want to keep em, im sure you can trim around the inner plastic somehow to be able to retain them with the bushwackers.

IMO you should just junk them. when you start wheeling more youll find that all they do is hold mud/water, and youll never get between them and the body clean which will lead to rust.

with them out i can hit each fender well with a powerwasher and it only takes 30 seconds to have everything spotless

I just ditched them. Also, cut that pinch seam in a few spots (you'll figure out where to, just don't cut through any of the spot welds) and pound it flat with a BFH or you're going to cut up your tires if they're past a certain size.

I kept mine on there for now, zip tied them to the bottom of the fenders in the corners. I still have more to trim though.
If you want to ditch them, stick something like a pool noodle in the fender so your tires don't spray mud and crap into the fenders/doors.

I kept mine on there for now, zip tied them to the bottom of the fenders in the corners. I still have more to trim though.
If you want to ditch them, stick something like a pool noodle in the fender so your tires don't spray mud and crap into the fenders/doors.

You beat me to the pool noodle tip.

It really depends how clean you want it to look. You can reproduce the stock look by relocating the mounts or just say screw it and throw in 1/2 a noodle on each side :dunce:

Although. I've heard that if you spray it all down inside the fender with wd-40, the mud is much less likely to stick.

Although. I've heard that if you spray it all down inside the fender with wd-40, the mud is much less likely to stick.

truth. my buddy does that to his entire dirtbike before races. i spraypainted the inner with a gloss black and it does well against the mud sticking too

Wheel in rocks and you don't have to worry about mud :D

I ditched my inner fenders. Put pool noodles up there and sprayed on some undercoating.

1st off..... why would you waste your time asking whether or not to chuck your inner fenders? Throw em away man!!! Duh! And as far as using wd40 to clean mud off easier, ...mud is for beginner wussies. Real men play on nasty rocks. Lol

The first time I trimmed my front fenders, I did a cut and fold like on the rear, and used the folded sheet metal to help pinch the plastic in place. You have to trim the plastic back a little so that the metal can fold onto it instead of around it, but it worked very well.

But the next time I trimmed I ditched the plastic all together and threw in a pool noodle to keep the dirt out of my face. Worked even better.

I'd toss the inner fenders and use pool noodles. works mint from what I've heard, undercoat it then wd-40 it after.

if you absolutely have to have inners, I used to make em out of a piece of 1/8" ABS plastic sourced from Mcmaster.
Heat the stuff up with a kerosene heatr till it's good and wobbly soft.
It will be super flexible and you can mold it with your hands(Use gloves)!! clamp it in place with some spring clamps along the wheelwell edge and mold it to the shape you want with your fist, and hit it with the air hose to cool it.
It will retain the shape.
Any minor adjustments can be made by reheating with a heat gun, and remolding with your hand
Just don't cook it, cause it looses it's elasticity.

I used poprivits along the inner and outer edges to hold it.

Only thing is I'm not so sure that stuff will take the extreme cold, but we don't get that where im at.

I also know some guys who made crappy ones from a cut up cheap green garbage can from Home depot. kinda ugly, but very flexible and they worked! Bottom side of the can goes inside and trim to fit around whatever. cut em with a knife .

Hope that helps!:yelclap:

Back